Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today was good, and a little bit bad, but mostly good. I had a session with my therapist. I like him a lot, he's very helpful, and I left feeling even more positive about life, which is great.

Then, Ellie and I had our first massage therapy session. It runs through to the beginning of November, 2 hours every week. She LOVED it, and was alert the whole time, smiling and waving her arms around like she does when she gets really excited. I am so happy we signed up for it.

Then, I came home to find a message from our drug advocate, Kim. She contacted our stupid insurance company, and got a horrible customer service representative. I *just* finished a complaint about how another claim was being handled, and was satisfied with the resolution, and now we're back into the thick of people who don't give a CRAP about our situation. I am very glad that Kim is dealing with them for us. Next step is to get the nurse at the endocrine clinic to write a letter to our insurance. Jason talked to Kim, he said she still sounded optimistic. So, we'll go with that. They've got all the experience dealing with crappy insurance companies.

Sometimes I wish we lived somewhere where all this was covered. But, at least I've got resources to hopefully help us.

It isn't the end of the world if she doesn't start on the GH therapy right away. I am determined to provide enough stimulation and sensory activities for Ellie, that she won't be missing out if she isn't mobile as soon as she might have been on GH. I think the mobility at an earlier age is what helps develop higher IQs. But, what do I really know? I'm just doing the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment