Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Some days, I wish Ellie would stay little forever. I wish we weren't counting down the days until the Hunger strikes. I wish that she could just be like the other kids. She's started holding up her head, which is awesome, but at the same time, my heart breaks a little to see her growing up. I can't stop it, it's going to happen whether I want it to or not, but I wish I could slow it down.
We had family over to dinner last night, to celebrate Thanksgiving. I made turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, brussel sprouts... and it was all perfect. And, as thankful and grateful as I am for everything I have in my life, I wished I could freeze the moment, so we could relive it time and again, when Ellie is in that next phase, and evenings sitting around a table of food cease to exist in our lives.
I know we will make it work, and everyone will band together for our girl, but I sure wish we didn't have to.
I want a cure. Yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment