Monday, October 3, 2011

Cake Pops

I've been on a bit of a cake pop kick, of late, and I'm getting better at them!!

My first attempt at icing went horribly wrong! But, they tasted amazing. The trouble? I couldn't get those melties to the right consistency.

Practicing for Jakob's birthday... I ran out of proper sticks. Toothpicks were all I had, so they had to be stick side up!

White with sprinkles, pink piggies, green martians

Pink with Chocolate sprinkles




 Those were my first attempt, and they tasted FANTASTICALLY, but they weren't half as pretty as I wanted them to be. I decided to poke fun at my hubby, and did another round, this time they worked just as well as I imagined!
Two slab cakes, icing, sticks, and floral foam to hold the pops as they dried

Making Spider Eyes

Making Cat Eyes

Spider legs

Mentos, dyed with blue food colour, for hats

Chocolate cake balls, mixed with icing, then frozen.

Dipped once in pink icing, attached half a mini-mashmallow to the snout, two triangle candies for ears, dipped again in pink icing, then added the mentos, a star and the licorice brim :)

Ready for Duty

Meow

Hairy Spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment