Saturday, October 1, 2011

i am struggling today. Yesterday was awful, Jakob got into our medicine cabinet while I was pumping, and feeding Ellie, and ate a bunch of Tylenol. That landed us in the ER, for nine hours. He's okay. Being back in the hospital, with a child on monitors, and needles, and the smells, and everything, messed with my head. I hate hospitals. I love hospitals. I never want to spend another day in one, but I know I can look forward to many, many, many visits with Ellie, and hopefully no more with Jakob.

Sigh. Today, I took both kids to the Great Expectations baby fair in town. I needed to get out of the house. So many people were taken with Ellie, and fawned over her, and told me how lovely she is. What I wasn't prepared for, especially on a day where I am physically and mentally exhausted, was for people to recognize us. I mean, it's great, the point of contacting the paper here in town was to raise awareness. It's GOOD that they know who we are, but I wasn't ready to talk about PWS. Not today. I hope I was polite, I hope I didn't brush people off. It's so hard, on days where it's literally the last thing I ever want to think about, to have to talk about it.
Why do we have to be different?

No comments:

Post a Comment