Friday, January 10, 2014

Getting Busy!

I have four Valentine cookie orders, and two birthday orders to fill by the end of February! I'm so excited! Money for research! Money for research! :)

I tried a new icing recipe last night, after much thought over the taste of my Royal Icing.
Royal Icing Cookies

To be honest, RI is not so easy for me to work with, and I think it takes less than stellar. Consistency is everything with decorating, and I had a really hard time keeping with the right consistency. So, the internet lead me on a search, and I found a great recipe (CookieCrazie).I LOVE IT!!!!

I think because I am so very new at this, switching between mediums didn't make much of a difference.
My chocolate blanks, right out of the oven (the littles are samples!)
Decorated, and ready to eat!
 My family taste testers (the boys, Ellie doesn't get very many cookies) and I agree that the new glaze is HANDS DOWN better than the RI. It tastes soooo good, and the cookies stay soft and om nom nomable!

I have lots of practice to do, yet, but I am starting to find my groove!


No comments:

Post a Comment