Friday, January 17, 2014

Cookie Bug!

I've been bitten, hard, by the cookie bug. I was going to take a break for a few days, but it's impossible! Cookies have taken over my brain.

I made extra dough when I made the fire truck cookies, so with what was left I cut out strawberries. I was planning on making chocolate dipped strawberries for Madame, and then Sugarbelle posted a tutorial on that same idea, so I HAD to try! I work in glaze, she works in royal icing, and glaze doesn't set up as nicely as RI does, but I think they turned out pretty sweet!
http://facebook.com/sweetelliebellecookies

I am also really excited about a few cookie ideas I can't wait to bring to life! Back when I was sewing (that seems like a lifetime ago) I made some great sewing connections. One of my favourites is Jayna at Rockytop Design. She's so awesome! She comes up with such great fabric combinations, and I asked and was given permission to make cookie sets based on the fabrics she puts together. Eek! That should be fun. Here are some of the ideas I'd love to recreate:



I also got permission to use Heather Kent's art as inspiration for my cookies. I am going to make a Valentine's collection based on these paintings. Aren't they OMG cute??



So, those are the designs currently swirling around in my head. Oh, and I got a cool airbrush kit, and stencils from the Cookie Countess, so lots to keep my busy hands occupied!

No comments:

Post a Comment