Monday, December 31, 2012

We're back!

I recently (before Christmas) upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3. While I love the phone, and all its capabilities, it's a royal PITA trying to post actual blog entries, because I just don't like writing on it! I get more spelling errors that should be humanly possible, and it takes too long. So, I've become reacquainted today, with my laptop. Don't think that because I haven't been posting, that we haven't been really busy!


We celebrated a lot over the holidays, with three back-to-back feasts (Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day). It was lovely, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We hosted Christmas Day dinner at our house. Fourteen people, a turkey, cranberry-apple sauce, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and parsnips, red cabbage, roasted brussel sprouts and yams. It was deeeeelicious, if I do say so myself.


My lovely husband helped, A LOT, this time round, so I found the day to be much more enjoyable.


The children were quite spoiled, and very pleased with what they received. Santa brought Jakob a new fort building kit, and Ellie a cabbage patch doll.

They received a ton of other toys, clothes and books, and I was very glad that Jakob agreed to give the majority of his birthday presents to the hospital! Where on earth are we to find room for everything?


The tree's location this year was great. I think in years future, we will likely continue with a table top tree approach. Less likely that little fingers will destroy our precious ornaments, and we don't need quite as big a tree, dropping needles all over our carpet!

I was giddy with excitement, when I unwrapped the gift from my parents: a new Nikon D3100 camera. I'm in love with it.

Ellie had a sleep study on the 28th, which went well... at least, I think it went well. I know there were more apnea episodes than the last time, but she self-recovered quickly, every time, so that's a good sign.

As 2013 rolls in, I'm excited to welcome a new year. We don't normally do resolutions, but this year, DH and I have decided to try Paleo eating for a month. I've been having ongoing issues with joint pain, and skin issues, and girl issues, so I'm willing to try just about anything before resorting to medications. I really care about what I put into my body, and I've noticed the more baked goods I eat, the worse I feel. Hopefully I'll feel better! I've read a lot about the Paleo diet, and I'm a bit skeptical, but going to try it for a month to see if I notice any change. If not, then we'll just go back to plain "clean eating". I figure if I cut out all grains, it will be faster than trying to go gluten-free for a month, and wondering if that was enough.

I stumbled across a company, called emeals, that has weekly meal plans, complete with shopping list! They have so many options, like clean eating, gf, paleo, gourmet, vegetarian, etc... and the cost is relatively insignificant ($5/mo for a month's worth of recipes). They're doing a free week of Paleo meals, so I'm trying it out! Check it out here: http://cdn.emeals.com/meal-plans/paleo/emeals-paleo-family-plan.pdf
I`m going to do separate posts for each meal, to give my opinion of whether it`s worth buying into! Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment