Monday, August 29, 2011

Been busy over here. Jakob has been into crafting, and into mischief. It is safe to say, we're well in the throws of the terrible twos - but, he is still an angel 90% of the time.

Presently, he is balancing on his high chair, getting ready to spring off. He is covered in blue gak, blueberries, paint and maple syrup. Today, I started the C25K running program, came home, got dinner ready (rainbow waffles, with peaches and blueberries), and then, with Jake, assembled a balloon matching game, painted arm trees, painted the table, painted the floor, made gak, made a really big mess, learned a lot about how things feel, sound, smell, and he told me he loved that I let him get messy. Now, instead of "can you turn on the tv?" it is "can you set up a craft for me?"

I was pumping, upstairs, for Ellie's dinner. I was gone five minutes. When I came downstairs, my fridge was wide open. Jakob was standing, pretty much in the fridge, with a guilty look on his face. I daresay, I boomed at him "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!?!" He said, I got dinner out. For us. To eat, MOMMY." with the funniest "what do you think I am doing" look on his face. Indeed, he got the plate of waffles out of the fridge, the syrup, and the butter. He knows he isn't to go in the fridge, but it was hard to be mad when he actually was helping. If only he could learn to fold my laundry, ha, then I wouldn't have eight loads staring me down.

The Man of the House, is working nights this week. That means Jake and I have to be quiet until 3pm, ugh, and then we're alone all night long. Makes for rough times for me, since I do everything with Ellie at night on these shifts.

Ah, he needs his mama. And she's crying. Wish I had extra arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment